I recommend you use any free time you have during the holiday season to read this essay: “Secular Theocracy : The Foundations and Folly of Modern Tyranny” (December 19, 2011). It’s by David Theroux, founder of the libertarian Independent Institute. I think many of Theroux’s positions are wrong and and even dangerous but he is always well worth reading. In this particular essay, Theroux tries to establish that libertarianism has Christian roots. I sure hope not although I recognize the validity of my friend Rodney Stark’s argument to the effect that political systems that favor individual freedom have a historical affinity with Christianity.
- jacquesdelacroix on Trump, l’un-Obama
- Tige d'airain on Trump, l’un-Obama
- Trump, l’un-Obama | FACTS MATTER on The De-Industrialization of the US: A String of Enlightening Fallacies. Essay on International Economics, in Plain English.
- jacquesdelacroix on The Morning After the Election
- Oleg on The Morning After the Election
- jacquesdelacroix on Unequal Pay: For Women Only – Part One.
- ryanofspace on Unequal Pay: For Women Only – Part One.
- To Women Voters: | FACTS MATTER on Unequal Pay: For Women Only – Part One.
- jacquesdelacroix on Socialism: Sinister, Silly
- concerned cynic on Socialism: Sinister, Silly