I recommend you use any free time you have during the holiday season to read this essay: “Secular Theocracy : The Foundations and Folly of Modern Tyranny” (December 19, 2011). It’s by David Theroux, founder of the libertarian Independent Institute. I think many of Theroux’s positions are wrong and and even dangerous but he is always well worth reading. In this particular essay, Theroux tries to establish that libertarianism has Christian roots. I sure hope not although I recognize the validity of my friend Rodney Stark’s argument to the effect that political systems that favor individual freedom have a historical affinity with Christianity.
- Jacques Delacroix on Je me presente.
- Mike Eisenstadt on Je me presente.
- Skepticlawyer » Islam as philosophical dead end on The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue
- The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue | FACTS MATTER on Language and Informational Prisons: The Case of Arabic
- The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue | FACTS MATTER on The Ottoman Empire and Libertarianism; Ebola
- Jacques Delacroix on The Knife is Coming
- gpessah1 on The Knife is Coming
- White Supremacists | FACTS MATTER on Race and Ethnicity
- Cynthia O'Keeffe on “Fuck your vote!”
- Jacques Delacroix on Talking Back to the Fat Little Horror
- Bitching (44)
- Book critique (1)
- Commentaires politiques en Francais (61)
- comments by others (10)
- Cultural Studies (103)
- Current Events (439)
- Facts Matter (6)
- L'Anglais pour de vrai (13)
- male chauvinistic pig (9)
- Short Stories (34)
- Socio-Political Essays (297)
- Stories and poems in French (20)
- Uncategorized (196)