American society has obvious lasting problems plus new problems coming in 2013 (See my editorial coming soon on this topic.) Other national societies also have lasting problems. In France, there is a massive deployment of police for New Year’s Eve . The principal police mission on that night is to limit the number of privately owned cars deliberately burned in the street. The arson benchmark for the whole year is 40,000. I couldn’t find any figure for that single night. It’s a government secret.
- Jacques Delacroix on Je me presente.
- Mike Eisenstadt on Je me presente.
- Skepticlawyer » Islam as philosophical dead end on The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue
- The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue | FACTS MATTER on Language and Informational Prisons: The Case of Arabic
- The Islamic Enlightenment: A Critical Review of De Bellaigue | FACTS MATTER on The Ottoman Empire and Libertarianism; Ebola
- Jacques Delacroix on The Knife is Coming
- gpessah1 on The Knife is Coming
- White Supremacists | FACTS MATTER on Race and Ethnicity
- Cynthia O'Keeffe on “Fuck your vote!”
- Jacques Delacroix on Talking Back to the Fat Little Horror
- Bitching (44)
- Book critique (1)
- Commentaires politiques en Francais (61)
- comments by others (10)
- Cultural Studies (103)
- Current Events (439)
- Facts Matter (6)
- L'Anglais pour de vrai (13)
- male chauvinistic pig (9)
- Short Stories (34)
- Socio-Political Essays (297)
- Stories and poems in French (20)
- Uncategorized (196)